(Here is something my counsellor shared with me and I want to share this with you. It makes complete sense. I hope you feel the same. I've done this and put my kit away and safe. You never know when you might fall and want to give up.)
Create for yourself a suicide survival kit. This is to contain things that you think will be helpful at a time when you are struggling with suicidal thoughts. Put these objects in a box, in a place where it's easy for you to get to.
- pictures of family, friends, pets etc. of those whom you love and love and sustain you.
- letters written by loved ones or yourself reminding you of all the things that are valuable and worth living.
- small cherished objects.
- tea bag as a reminder to make yourself a cup of tea before you take any action that might cause harm.
- chocolate bar or favorite candy.
- CD of your favorite songs, ones that give you sense of hope, something long enough to listen through so that your self destructive thoughts would have time to pass.
- a book of poems or meditation that help you to have perspective.
- maybe some verses and prayers from the bible.
- A list of support people who would be willing to listen and talk with you at such a time.
- a journal and pen to write down how you are feeling and what brought you to this.
( Putting this kit together is a strong and positive message to yourself, your life is important enough that you will put the time and resources into building your kit. We all want to heal and move forward but, sometimes it feels hopeless. Remember, your life does have a meaning and purpose.)
( Again I'm no counsellor I only share what has been given to me, I see way too many survivors on here daily wanting to end there lives. If I can help in anyway for you to change your mind, this would be it. I'm hoping. I love all of you and hate to see the suffering and pain.) God bless everyone. xo